Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Transforming the data center through a reliable and unified 10GbE network
The 82599 is a derivative of previous generations of Intel 1 GbE and 10 GbE Network Interface Card (NIC) designs.
Many features of its predecessors remain intact; however, some have been removed or modified as well as new features introduced.
Three versions are available:
• 82599EB — PCI Express* (PCIe*) 2.0, dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller for XAUI, KX, KX4, BX, BX4 and CX4 interfaces.
• 82599ES — Dual-port serial 10 GbE backplane interface for blade implementations (includes the 82599EB SKU functionality
plus KR and SFI interfaces).
• 82599EN — Single-port serial 10 GbE SFI interface for blade implementations.
• PCI Express* 2.0, Dual port 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller deliver the performance that demanding applications require.
• Industry-leading product innovations for I/O virtualization that are ideal for the dynamic data center.
• Unified networking support simplifies the network infrastructure by allowing LAN, SAN, and IPC traffic to share the same data center fabric.
• Energy-efficient design with integrated SFI/KR PHYs that creates new opportunities for Blades and LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) solutions.
• High-volume stable architecture with broad operating system support.
• Advanced features such as Receive Side Coalescing, Intel® Ethernet Flow Director, and support for PCI Express* 2.0 help deliver new levels of
• Intel® Virtualization Technology1 for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c) delivers industry-leading I/O virtualization capabilities that provide flexibility,
scalability and mobility
• Advanced unified networking capabilities, including support for lossless Ethernet, iSCSI acceleration, NAS, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
(FCoE) offloads help consolidate data center networks onto a single Ethernet fabric
• Dual port 10 GbE device or Single Port device (82599EN)
• PCIe Base Specification 2.0 (2.5GT/s) or (5GT/s)
• Descriptor ring management hardware for transmit and
• Eight VLAN L2 filters
|Main Chipset||Intel® 82599ES|
PCI Express* 2.0 (5GT/s) , operable in X8 or greater slots
|Connector||LC SFP+ (Fiber)|
|Transmission rate||10000 Mbps|
Provides automatic configuration between 1000BASE-KX, 10GBASE-KX4, and 10GBASE-KR modes
|Function||IPMI pass-through via SMBus or NC-SI, iSCSI boot, WoL, PXE remote boot, VLAN filtering|
IEEE Standard / Network topology
|10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-T|
IEEE 802.1p,IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3ac, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.3x,IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3ad
|System Requirements||Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / R2 / Server 2012 / R2|
|Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 8.1 / Win 10 32&64Bit|
|DOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Novell, UnixWare / OpenUnix 8|
|Applicable fields||Desktops, Servers, Workstations|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS|
|Metal Bracket||Full-height end bracket / Low-profile end bracket|
|LED Indicators||10Gb/s= Activity Yellow / Link Green|
|Operating temperature||0 ~ 55 ℃ (32 ~ 131℉)|
|Storage temperature||-40 ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ~ 158 ℉)|
|Storage humidity||90% Non-condensing relative humidity at 35 ℃|
|Dimensions (unit: mm)|
|Package Size(LxWxH)||175x 125 x 30 mm|
|Product code||Main products||Accessories||Remarks|
|SE-LGI599A-2FB||Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter 82599||CD driver|
|Low-profile end bracket|