Industry-leading, energy-efficient design for
10/40GbE performance and multi-core processors.
Extending Intel® Virtualization Technology beyond server virtualization to the network with
hardware optimizations and off-loads for the rapid provisioning of networks in an agile data center
The Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 offers both Quad-port 10GbE, and is backwards compatible to 10GbE.
The XL710 is part of the Intel® Ethernet 700 Series, the foundation for server connectivity, providing broad interoperability,
critical performance optimizations, and increased agility for Communications, Cloud, and Enterprise IT network solutions.
- Multiple speeds and media types for broad compatibility backed by extensive testing and validation.
- Intelligent offloads and accelerators to unlock network performance in servers with Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Both Kernel and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) drivers for scalable packet processing.
• PCI Express* 3.0, (PCIe) X8
• Supports 2 x 10GbE configurations
• Exceptional low-power controllers
• Network Virtualization offloads including VXLAN, GENEVE, NVGRE, MPLS, and VXLAN-GPE with Network Service Headers (NSH)
• Intel® Ethernet Flow Director for hardware based application traffic steering
• Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) enables increased packet processing efficiency for NFV and Cloud deployments
• Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) optimized for efficient packet processing
• Excellent small packet performance for network appliances and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
• Intelligent offloads to enable high performance on servers with Intel® Xeon® processors
• I/O virtualization innovations for maximum performance in a virtualized server
|Controller-processor||Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-BM1|
|Bus type||PCI Express* 3.0|
|Bus width||8-lane PCIe and higher|
|Connectors||2 x 10GbE SFP+ Interfaces|
10 Gb/s ports
|Network Standards |
Physical Layer Interface
|10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, IEEE802.3|
|Enhanced Transmission Selection (draft IEEE 802.1az)|
|Priority Flow Control (draft IEEE 802.1Qbb)|
|Data Center Bridging (DCB/DCB-X) Support; Up to eight traffic classes|
|Jumbo Frame Support—Up to 9.5 KB (9728 Bytes)|
|Network Virtualization off-loads including VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve, Network Service Headers (NSH)2|
|Operating System||Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Server 2016 Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 8.1 / Win 10|
DOS, FreeBSD, Linux, VMWare ESXi, Novell, UnixWare, OpenUnix
Hardware & environment
|LED Indicators||Link activity: yellow ,10Gb/s: green blinking|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS|
|Operating temperature||0 °C to 55 °C (32 °F to 131 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage humidity||Maximum: 90% non-condensing relative humidity at 35 °C|
|Packing Accessories list|
1 x PCIe intel XL710 SFP+ Fiber Server NICs
Only the above package contents, other products are not included.
The allowable error of size measurement is +/- 1~3mm, and the weight of the product is subject to the actual product.
|Dimensions||L158 x W70mm (measured without PCIe bracket)|
|Package Size||L190 x W148 x H30mm (Built-in blister)|
|ST7218||SE-LGI710A-2FB||PCIe X8 Dual 10GbE SFP+ Fiber Server NICs|
|Based on Intel XL710 Ethernet Controller|