Industry-leading, energy-efficient design
For 10/40GbE performance and multi-core processors
Extending Intel® Virtualization Technology beyond server virtualization to the network with
hardware optimizations and off-loads for the rapid provisioning of networks in an agile data center
PCIe x8 Intel X710 Quad-Port 10G SFP+ Converged adapter is used 710 series implements a PCIe v3.0 x8 host interface,
which operates at up to 8GT/S or 64Gb/s. It provides complete functionality to support four 10Gb/s ports, the device perform all functions required for transmission and reception as specified in IEEE Std. By providing unmatched features for Server and network virtualization, small packet performance, and low power; the data center is flexible, scalable, and resilient.
- Multiple speeds and media types for broad compatibility backed by extensive testing and validation.
- Intelligent offloads and accelerators to unlock network performance in servers with Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Both Kernel and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) drivers for scalable packet processing.
• PCI-Express host interface specification v3.0 x8 and higher
• Supports the PCI Bus Power Management specification and section 5 of the PCI Express Base Specification
• PCI-Express Lanes: x8
• Quad-port 10GbE adapters
• Network Virtualization offloads including VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve and Network Service Headers.
• Intel Ethernet Flow director for hardware based application traffic steering.
• Intelligent offloads to enable high performance with Intel Xeon processor-based servers
• Packet checksum offloads: Calculates IP,UDP, TCP, and Stream transmission Protocol checksums for insertion into
transmitted packets and for integrity checking on received packets, Includes support for UDP and TCP checksums
in both IPv4 and IPv6 data grams.
• I/O virtualization innovations for maximum performance in a virtualized server
• Support for optional End-to-End CRC generation and checking
• Supports up to 1024 LAN queue sets(768 typically available)
• Supports up to 384 VSIs with average of two TCs allocated per VSI
• Supports up to 16VEB/VEPA switching components
• Supports Network standard:IEE802.3 10GBASE-SR ,10GBASE-LR,10GBASE-CR
• IEEE802.3x flow control support
• IEEE802.3Q VLAN support with VLAN tag insertion, with stripping and packet filtering for up to 4096 VLAN tags.
• Jumbo Frame support 9728 bytes