Industry-leading, energy-efficient design
For 10/40GbE performance and multi-core processors
The Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 offers both Quad-port 10GbE, and is backwards compatible to 10GbE.
The XL710 is part of the Intel® Ethernet 700 Series, the foundation for server connectivity, providing broad interoperability,
critical performance optimizations, and increased agility for Communications, Cloud, and Enterprise IT network solutions.
- Multiple speeds and media types for broad compatibility backed by extensive testing and validation.
- Intelligent offloads and accelerators to unlock network performance in servers with Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Both Kernel and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) drivers for scalable packet processing.
• Supports 4 x 10GbE configurations
• PCI Express* (PCIe) v3.0, X8
• Exceptional low-power controllers
• Network Virtualization offloads including VXLAN, GENEVE, NVGRE, MPLS, and VXLAN-GPE with NetworkService Headers (NSH)
• Intel® Ethernet Flow Director for hardware based application traffic steering
• Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) enables increased packet processing efficiency for NFV and Cloud deployments
• Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) optimized for efficient packet processing
• Excellent small packet performance for network appliances and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
• Intelligent offloads to enable high performance on servers with Intel® Xeon® processors
• I/O virtualization innovations for maximum performance in a virtualized server
|Bus Type||PCI Express v3.0 (8.0 GT/s), compatible with x16 slot|
|Cabling Distances||10GBASE-T： • 100 m on Cat 6A • 55 m on Cat 6|
|1000BASE-T： 100 m on Cat 5e, Cat 6 or Cat 6A|
|100BASE-T： 100 m on Cat 5e, Cat 6 or Cat 6A|
|Network Topology||IEEE 802.3 an 10GBASE-T, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, IEEE 802.1ad, IEEE 1588, IEEE 802.1as|
|Virtualization||VXLAN, NVGRE, GENEVE, VXLAN-GPE+NSH, MPLS|
|Physical Interfaces||IEEE802.3: 10GBASE-SR4 and -LR4|
|Additional Features||VLAN Support|
|Enhanced Transmission Selection (draft IEEE 802.1az)|
|Jumbo Frame Support—Up to 9.5 KB (9728 Bytes)|
|Priority Flow Control (draft IEEE 802.1Qbb)|
|Data Center Bridging (DCB/DCB-X) Support; up to 8 traffic classes|
|LED Indicators||10Gbps: Green (always on / flashing)|
|1000Mbps: Yellow + green(normally lit / flashing)|
|100Mbps: Green / Flashing|
|Operating Systems||Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10 32-64bit|
|Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2012 R2 /2016 R2|
|FreeBSD, Linux Stable Kernel, VMware ESX/ESXi|
1 x PCIe Quad 10GbE RJ45 Server NIC XL710
1 x User's Manual
1 x CD Driver
1 x Low profile bracket