Intel® 82599EN 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Transforming the data center through a reliable and unified 10GbE network
Three versions are available:
• 82599EB — PCI Express* (PCIe*) 2.0, dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller for XAUI, KX, KX4, BX, BX4 and CX4 interfaces.
• 82599ES — Dual-port serial 10 GbE backplane interface for blade implementations (includes the 82599EB SKU functionality
plus KR and SFI interfaces).
• 82599EN — Single-port serial 10 GbE SFI interface for blade implementations.
• PCI Express* 2.0, Dual port 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller deliver the performance that demanding applications require.
• Industry-leading product innovations for I/O virtualization that are ideal for the dynamic data center.
• Unified networking support simplifies the network infrastructure by allowing LAN, SAN, and IPC traffic to share the same data center fabric.
• Energy-efficient design with integrated SFI/KR PHYs that creates new opportunities for Blades and LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) solutions.
• High-volume stable architecture with broad operating system support.
• Advanced features such as Receive Side Coalescing, Intel® Ethernet Flow Director, and support for PCI Express* 2.0 help deliver new levels of
• Intel® Virtualization Technology1 for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c) delivers industry-leading I/O virtualization capabilities that provide flexibility,
scalability and mobility
• Advanced unified networking capabilities, including support for lossless Ethernet, iSCSI acceleration, NAS, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
(FCoE) offloads help consolidate data center networks onto a single Ethernet fabric