Intel® 82599 10GbE SFP+ Fiber Ethernet Server Adapter
Transforming the data center through a reliable and unified 10GbE network
Two versions are available
• 82599ES — Dual-port serial 10 GbE backplane interface for blade implementations
(includes the 82599EB SKU functionality plus KR and SFI interfaces).
• 82599EN — Single-port serial 10 GbE SFI interface for blade implementations.
Features & Benefits
• PCI Express* 2.0, Dual port 10GbE Ethernet controller deliver the performance that demanding applications require.
• Industry-leading product innovations for I/O virtualization that are ideal for the dynamic data center.
• Unified networking support simplifies the network infrastructure by allowing LAN, SAN, and IPC traffic to share the same
data center fabric.
• Energy-efficient design with integrated SFI/KR PHYs that creates new opportunities for Blades and LAN-on-motherboard
• High-volume stable architecture with broad operating system support.
• Advanced features such as Receive Side Coalescing, Intel® Ethernet Flow Director, and support for PCI Express* 2.0 help
deliver new levels of 10GbE performance
• Intel® Virtualization Technology 1 for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c) delivers industry-leading I/O virtualization capabilities
that provide flexibility, scalability and mobility
• Advanced unified networking capabilities, including support for lossless Ethernet, iSCSI acceleration, NAS, and Fibre Channel
over Ethernet (FCoE) offloads help consolidate data center networks onto a single Ethernet fabric
|Controller-processor||Intel® 82599 Ethernet Controller|
|Bus type||PCI Express 2.0 (5.0 GT/s)|
|Bus width||8-Lane PCI Express|
|Connectors||2 x SFP+ LC Connectivity|
|Data rate||Optical: 1 GbE/10 GbE|
|Direct Attach: 10 GbE|
|Network Standards |
Physical Layer Interface
|10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR , SFP+ Copper Direct Attach physical media.|
|IEEE 802.3ad, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control - IEEE 802.1q VLAN, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE802.3ae|
|Tx / Rx IP, TCP, & UDP checksum offloading (IPv4, IPv6) capabilities|
|Operating System||Windows Vista / Win 7 / Server2012 / Server2008 / Win 8 / Win 8.1 / Server2016 / Win 10|
FreeBSD, Linux , VMWare ESXi
Hardware & environment
|LED Indicators||Link (solid) and ACT IVITY (blinking)|
|Link speed ( green=10 Gbps; yellow=1 Gbps)|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS|
|Operating temperature||0 °C to 55 °C (32 °F to 131 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage humidity||Maximum: 90% non-condensing relative humidity at 35 °C|
|Packing Accessories list|
1 x PCIe intel X520 SFP+ Fiber Server NICs
Only the above package contents, other products are not included.
The allowable error of size measurement is +/- 1~3mm, and the weight of the product is subject to the actual product.
|Dimensions||L115 x W70mm (measured without PCIe bracket)|
|Package Size||L190 x W148 x H30mm (Built-in blister)|
|ST723||SE-LGI599A-2FB||PCIe X8 Dual 10GbE SFP+ Fiber Server NICs|
|Based on Intel X520 Ethernet Controller|