CM8828 + CM9882A
High Performance PCI Express Audio Processor
The PCI express HD CM8828 is a high quality multi-channel audio processor that not only an Intel HD Audio specification compatible audio single chip, but also can be a controller which can link HDA codec. CM8828 can be built in the home audio electronics or personal computer to provide high fidelity sound and become a professional audio processing center in your life.
It supports up to 10 outgoing channels and 6 ingoing channels. The 10 outgoing channels are composed of 2 playback DMA's, which are multi-channel DMA (24 bits, 8 channels, 192k), Headphone out & S/PDIF (each 24 bits, 2 channels, 192k), and RTC (real-time communication) DMA (24 bits, 2 channels, 192k). The 6 ingoing channels are spread in 3 recording DMA's (up to 24 bits, 192k).
• Compatible with PCI Express 1.1 interface with bus mastering and burst modes
• Embedded an 8051-based MCU to transcode HD Audio commands (An external 4 or 8KB serial
- EEPROM is required
- Build in HD Audio controller.
- Audio format supports 192K/176.4K/96K/88.2K/48K/44.1K and 16/24bits resolution
• Integrated 192K/176.4K/96K/88.2K/48K/44.1K, and 16/24-bit S/PDIF transmitter/Receiver
• Supports SPI/I2C control interface
• 24.576MHz crystal input required with embedded PLL for adaptive clock rate
• Win 7/ Win 8 WHQL compatible