Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540
10GBASE-T converged network adapter simplifies migration to 10 GbE, provides iSCSI, FCoE, Virtualization,
and Flexible Port Partitioning.
The Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540 is the latest innovation in Intel's leadership to drive 10 Gigabit Ethernet into the broader server market. This adapter hosts Intel's latest Ethernet silicon, the Intel® Ethernet Controller X540, which is used by many OEMs as a single chip solution for LAN on Motherboard (LOM) to deliver 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) on the latest server platforms.
The Intel® X540 family Simplifies Migration to 10GbE to provide iSCSI, FCoE, Virtualization, and Flexible Port Partitioning. The X540 family works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and CAT-6a cabling. Install the X540 adapter into a server and the auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility that most customers require for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE.
• Low Cost, Low Power, 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Performance for the Entire Datacenter
• Standard CAT-6a Cabling with RJ45 Connectors
• Backward Compatibility with Existing 1000BASE-T Networks Simplifies the Transition to 10GbE
• Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and quality of service (QoS) of up to 64 virtual ports
• Unified Networking Delivering LAN, iSCSI, and FCoE in One Low Cost CNA
• Industry First Dual-Port 10GBASE-T Adapter with Single-Chip Solution with Integrated MAC + PHY
• Reliable and proven 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology from Intel Corporation