Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550
10GBASE-T Converged Network Adapter (CNA), Simplifies Migration to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE),
Provides iSCSI, FCoE, Virtualization and Flexible Port Partitioning (FPP)
Autonegotiation between 1GbE, 2.5GbE, 5GbE, and 10GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility required for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10GbE.
The X550 is a low-cost option for deploying 10GbE in your data center because it uses CAT6 and CAT6A cabling - standard cabling for many data centers. Copper cabling’s flexible reach from 1 meter to 100 meters also supports Top of Rack (ToR), Middle of Row (MoR), and End of Row (EoR) network architectures. This adapter also reduces cost and power through its single-chip solution.
The adapter uses the Intel® Ethernet Controller X550, with integrated MAC and PHY. Integration translates to lower power and means no more active heatsink reducing the per-port power consumption.
• Low cost, low power, 10 GbE performance for the entire datacenter.
• Intel's second generation, single- and dual-port 10GBASE-T controller with integrated MAC and PHY.
• IStandard CAT 6a cabling with RJ45 connectors.
• Supports NBASE-T* technology (2.5 and 5.0 GbE over CAT 5e)1.
• Backward compatibility with existing 1000BASE-T networks simplifies the transition to 10 GbE.
• PCI Express* (PCIe*) v 3.0 with up to 8.0 GT/s.
• Unified networking delivering LAN, iSCSI and FCoE in one low-cost CNA.
• Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioining and Quality of Service (QoS) of up to 64 virtual ports.
• Reliable, proven 10 GbE technology from Intel Corporation.
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550
- Enhanced Low-Profile Solution
- RJ45 Connections Over CAT 6A Cabling
- Remote Boot iSCSI and FCoE
- Support For Most Network Operating Systems (NOS)
- RoHS-compliant, Lead-free Technology
- IPSec, Intel Backing, Low Latency, MSI-X Support
- Header Splits and Replication in Receive
- Multiple Queues –
64 Tx and Rx Per Port Offloading (IPv4, IPv6) Capabilities, Tx TCP Segmentation Offload (IPv4, IPv6)
- Compatible with x4, x8 and x16 Standard and Low-profile PCIe Slots
- Receive and Transmit Side Scaling for Windows
- Environment and Scalable I/O for Linux*
- Environments (IPv4, IPv6 and TCP/ UDP)