PCI-Express based Quad UARTs and printer port chip
CH384 is a PCI-Express based Quad-channel high performance UART with EPP/ECP enhanced bi-directional parallel controller. Each UART is compatible with 16C550 or 16C750. It can be expanded to another 24 serial ports by adding CH438 chips. The UART contains independently transmit and receive 256 bytes FIFO buffer. Supports IrDA infrared encode and decode, supports communication baud rate up to 8Mbps. It can be used for RS232 serial expansion, PCIe high-speed serial with automatic hardware speed control, serial networking, parallel/ printer port expansion etc.
- Can be configured as quad-channel UARTs with printer/ parallel port or quad-channel UARTs with extended UART based on PCIe.
- Provide two-wire serial master interface, can hang serial EEPROM similar with 24C0X to store data which is not easily missing.
- Driver supports Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/SERVER 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Linux.
• Serial Port Interface
- Four independent UARTs, compatible with 16C550, 16C552, 16C554 and 16C750 with enhanced.
- Supports 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit Serial format and 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Supports Odd, Even, None, space 0 and mark 1 parity, etc.
- Programmable Baud Rate, supports 115200bps and up to 8Mbps baud rate.
- Supports 256-bytes FIFO buffer, supports 4 FIFO trigger layers.
- Supports MODEM signal CTS, DSR, RI, DCD, DTR, RTS, can be converted to RS232 level.
- Supports CTS, RTS to realize auto handshake and auto transmit speed control, compatible with TL16C550C.
- Supports serial frame error check, and Break circuit interval check.
- Supports Full-duplex and Half-duplex communication.
- UART 0 has SIR Infrared codec internal, Supports 2400bps to 115200bps baud rate of IrDA communication.
• Parallel port
- Supports such as SPP, Nibble, Byte, PS/2, EPP and ECP etc IEEE1284 parallel/ printer port modes.
- Supports bi-directional data transmission, the transfer speed can up to 1M Byte/S.